A property is probably your largest asset and its up-keep can be a vast and unpredictable cost headache for building and facilities managers, property owners and managing agents. Without regular maintenance, a property will degrade, lowering its asset value and becoming a burden. What’s more, it can be costly reacting to problems such as roof repairs and structural damage as they occur. A comprehensive planned property maintenance approach can therefore prove to be extremely beneficial.
We tailor our planned property maintenance programmes to help you take a strategic approach to successful property management. Our programmes allow careful budgeting, help you maximise the condition of your property & ensure you adhere to both existing and new legal & statutory requirements.
A planned approach allows you to plan and control your spend, allowing the spread of payments across the years. It can reduce the incidence of disputes among leaseholders set equitable service charges, reduce end of lease dilapidations, and even can save money on services.
Identifying & tackling minor maintenance issues before they magnify will save you from hefty call-out fees when things go wrong. Furthermore, scheduling tasks simultaneously can save money e.g. re-pointing of brickwork, exterior re-decoration & clearing the gutters using one set of scaffolding for all jobs.
Property Value & Legislation
Carrying out regular maintenance will help you increase the value of the property over time by minimising the physical deterioration. We can also advise on legislation, ensuring you comply with up-to-date legal obligations towards your employees or tenants.
How it works
So how can a planned approach work for you? By surveying your property, reviewing your leasehold or freehold status and documentation, and reviewing any specialist reports, we will supply you with a comprehensive Schedule of Works, identifying both long-term tasks and any immediate defects you may need to address.
All works can be scheduled at a time to suit you, your staff, your tenants; an important part of any management programme to keep costs down and production up.
Saffron Property Services will ensure that all planned property maintenance is carried out to the highest of standards giving you peace of mind so you can get on with your day job with minimal disruption.
Advantages of Planned Property Maintenance
- Identification of preventative measures
- Budget control - typical savings of 12-18% on reactive maintenance
- Schedule works out of hours - less downtime & disruption for staff & customers
- Adds value to preserve/ enhance property assets or reduce end of lease dilapidations
- Extending life-span – for example routine check-ups of pipes, boilers and roofing
- Scheduled checks reduce replacement costs over time – e.g. identify roof leaks before they escalate
- Reduction of unplanned maintenance (3-9 times more costly than planned repairs - ‘emergency parts’, call out fees & hourly labour)
- Adheres to manufacturer warranties requirements
- Health & safety compliance
- Less energy waste – well maintained lighting & cooling/heating systems help reduce energy bills
What we can offer you
Qualified Building Surveyor
Qualified Building Surveyor
Full Property Report
Full Property Pack
Proposed Maintenance Schedule
ANNUAL SERVICE AGREEMENT
Planned Maintenance Schedule
Peace of Mind