In accordance with the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, landlords are legally required to maintain the exterior, structure and interior of a property to a fair and reasonable standard and to ensure they provide tenants with a safe, habitable living environment, There are also requirements keep certification and insurances up to date.
Nevertheless, property maintenance for landlords is not just about fulfilling legal requirements and preserving value. There are financial benefits in regular maintenance; making the property attractive to prospective tenants, being able to achieve the best possible rent from the property and a property, which is kept in good condition, is one which is more likely to be looked after by its tenants. Finally, regular inspection and up-keep will help property owners avoid pitfalls of reacting to repairs as they happen with hefty emergency call-out charges attached.
Landlord Property Maintenance Obligations
Examples of landlord responsibilities to the exterior, structure and interior of the property include:
- The structure and exterior of the building - walls, roof, external doors and windows kept in good condition
- General wear & tear on the property interior
- Gutter and drain clearance
- Adequate insulation of pipes
- Up-keep of sinks, baths, toilets and other sanitary fittings, including pipes and drains.
- Heating and hot water.
- All gas appliances, pipes, flues and ventilation.
- Electrical wiring.
- PAT Testing of appliances supplied by the landlord
Our Property Maintenance Services
Saffron Property Services provides a fresh approach to Property Maintenance. By centralising all the services you may require, and through inspections and regular dialogue, we can keep you up-to-date with what needs to be done and what doesn’t. Furthermore, we can schedule the works at a time to suit both you and your tenants, giving your value for money and peace of mind.
From the outset, we will visit & survey your property and provide you with a report provisioning scheduled regular maintenance and servicing over an agreed period. We recommend regular inspections (in agreement with and at a time to suit your tenants). This helps identify any minor defects before they escalate in to hefty repair jobs. Our costs to carry out works are transparent meaning you can budget and control expected costs upfront.
The work our tradesmen provide are done to a high standard and we can provide photographic evidence upon request of ‘before and after’ for your records. And if there is an emergency, day or night, we can provide emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience.
All of our subcontracted tradesmen are fully qualified and insured and our Health & Safety practices are stringent.
Our Services include:
- General Maintenance - anything from roof repairs to guttering, making sure stair rails are sturdy, replacing broken shelves, handles etc.
- Domestic Plumbing - including unblocking drains, checking for leaky taps, cracked tiles, broken showerheads etc.
- Boiler related works - annual Gas Safety Tests, full new installations carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Ensuring heating and hot water systems work efficiently.
- Electrical Work - regular checks as per recommended guidelines at least every 5 years/on change of tenancy by a qualified Electrician (including frayed wiring, cracks and chips in casings, charring, and burn marks).
- PAT Testing
- Routine Fire Risk Assessments & Fire Alarm Testing in accordance to regulations and type of system employed.
- Kitchen and Bathroom Refurbishment - from new installations, to re-flooring, renew tile grouting etc).
- Redecorating & Painting - ‘Refreshing’ your property for new tenants.
- Checking for damp or mould before small defects become large-scale issues.
- Carpentry, Joinery and even Furniture Assembly
So call us today on 01799 288590 to ask about our ANNUAL SERVICE AGREEMENTS & general property repair work